One of my family’s favorite Christmas traditions is to make homemade gifts in a jar. And the wonderful thing is, they’re as much fun to make together, as they are to give to others! Simply layer the ingredients of a treasured recipe in a jar, then add a festive ribbon and tag, and there you have it – a thoughtful gift made with love.
Homemade gifts are not only a personal way to show your family and friends you care, but they also make thoughtful, economical gifts for all of the other special people in your family’s life too, such as teachers, coaches, neighbors, etc.
There are so many great gifts-in-a-jar ideas in cyberspace, but I thought it would be fun to share just a few of my favorites with the hope that this may help you to create some healthy homemade gifts of your own! And certainly, if you have some festive gift-jar recipe and ideas, please share a link to them in the comments below.
• Apple Butter (GF) from Happy Wives Club
• Apple Spice Raisin Muffins (GF) from For The Family
• Candied Orange Peel (GF) from Fresh Bites Daily
• Cinnamon Maple Nut Crunch (GF) from The Nourishing Gourmet
• Cranberry Christmas Bread from The Better Mom
• Cheesecake Baked in Mason Jars from The Greenbacks Gal
• Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix from Chocolate Covered Katie
• Cookie Dough Bites (GF) from The Nourishing Home
• Fruit & Nut Bars (GF) from The Nourishing Home
• Granola Bars-in-a-Jar (GF) from Keeper of the Home (shown above)
• Granola Munch Mix from Stacy Makes Cents
• Jumbleberry Jam (GF) from The Nourishing Home
• Meyer Lemon Curd (GF) from The Nourishing Gourmet
• Natural Fermented Pickles from My Humble Kitchen
• Oatmeal Cookie Mix from Food Network
• Pumpkin Spice Muffins (GF) from The Nourishing Home
• Trail Mix (GF) from Easy Natural Food
• Whole Grain Pancake Mix from Good Life Eats
Healthy Body Gifts-in-a-Jar:
• Healing Lips Salve from Wellness Mama
• Homemade Belly & Body Butter from Smithspirations
• Lavendar Sugar Scrub from Whole New Mom (shown above)
• Lavendar-Mint Bath & Body Gifts from Natural Living Mamma
• Mama’s Belly Butter from Keeper of the Home
• Nourishing Body Scrub from A Delightful Home
• Orange Body Scrub from The Simple Moms
• Simple Citrus Bath Blend from A Delightful Home
• Whipped Coconut Oil Body Butter from Natural Living Mamma
Other Fun Gifts-in-a-Jar:
• Apron-in-a-Jar from A Bee in My Bonnet
• Beeswax Palm Candles from Health, Home & Happiness
• Garden Gifts-in-a-Jar from Frugal Granola
• Manicure Set & Lantern from Tidbits & Twine (shown above)
• Mason Jar Gift Card Holder from Cherished Bliss
• Playdough Snowman from Repeat Crafter Me
• Sewing Kit-in-a-Jar from Momtastic
I hope these ideas inspire you to create some thoughtful and festive homemade holiday gifts of your own! Wishing you and your family many blessings for a joyful and merry CHRISTmas!
P.S. Wondering what to do with leftover mason jars? Live Renewed has 17 great ideas!