Cool Down with 10 Iced Tea Recipes
By Hilary Bernstein, Contributing Writer
By this time every summer, I’m searching for easy ways to cool down. I love iced drinks – but after drinking a lot of iced lemon water, I need a little change.
Iced teas are a great way to add some variety to your summer sipping. As long as it’s unsweetened, any kind of tea – black, green, or white – can benefit your health:
- Black tea can lower blood pressure and cholesterol, as well as thin your blood.
- Green tea spurs your body’s detox systems and is filled with antioxidants that help prevent heart disease and cancer.
- White tea also includes antioxidants, but it also speeds up your body’s fat burning process and helps preserves your skin’s collagen and elastin.
Herbal teas aren’t known to include as many health benefits, but they’re not harmful. And they taste great! (Check out Stephanie’s 3 simple methods for making herbal iced teas here.)
In case you’re stuck in an iced tea rut this summer and could use some inspiration, here are 10 different recipes for iced tea:
- Citrus Mint Iced Tea from Nature’s Nurture
- Goji Berry Iced Tea from Brittleby’s Corner
- Iced Chai Tea from Accidentally Green
- Lemon Pineapple Refresher Tea from Keeper of the Home
- Lemony Iced Tea with Whey from Healthful Mama
- Raspberry Ginger Iced Green Tea on Richly Rooted
- Red Raspberry Leaf Pregnancy Tea from A Proverbs 31 Wife
- Surprising Lemon-Lime Ginger Tea from Keeper of the Home
- Sweet Peppermint Iced Tea from Authentic Simplicity
- Tropical Iced Green Tea from Everyday Alternative Medicine