Ultimate Nachos: 30 Minute Dinner
I am one of those people that actually likes spending lots of time in the kitchen. Even so, it is still nice to have some quick and easy dinner recipes to fall back on, especially on hot summer days. And this is one of our favorites!
These nachos take no time at all to throw together, but they taste better than any nachos from any restaurant. They are completely customizable to your taste and what you have on hand also.
And the best part is, they take less than 30 minutes start to finish, including prep work. If you’re really good, you can even get everything cleaned up in that 30 minutes too!
Ultimate Nachos Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef you may use less
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups pinto OR black beans
- Approx. 10 cups blue corn tortilla chips
- 3-4 cups cheese
- Toppings any combination of the following: lettuce, salsa, sour cream (or plain yogurt), guacamole, black olive, diced onions, fresh cilantro, sliced jalapenos, green onions, chopped tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Add the homemade taco seasoning and beans. Stir well and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Spread tortilla chips out on a large sheet pan. You can cover the pan with parchment paper to keep the nachos from sticking.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the chips. Top with the meat/bean mixture. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Bake the nachos in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. While the nachos are baking, you can make your guacamole, prep the rest of your toppings, and clean up.
- Once the nachos are done baking, top with your choice of toppings. Serve with a spatula.
If you’re looking for more quick and healthy meal ideas, I absolutely love the book 20 Minute Meals. I’ve made a lot of the recipes from this book, and they are all delicious. They really do only take 20 minutes too!
oh for blue corn chips, can’t get them in the uk. 🙁
These look so delicious, Mindy! I occasionally make nachos for lunch, but they would be even better for dinner! Thanks for linking to my taco seasoning. We love that stuff!
How timely!! We just had nachos last night – with cheese, pinto beans cooked in the crockpot, olives, lots of fresh salsa and homemade yogurt. I baked and served them in plain old pie tins to make it even easier. What an quick and easy and delicious dinner! I think the nachos were ready before the oven had even come to 350*. I love quick meals! Everyone was very happy.
LOVE nachos and love this recipe! It really can be a hearty meal when you add the vegetables and meat!
My husband would Love this recipe! Already planning on making this…
Yum; this sounds awesome!