It’s summer (or close enough), so we couldn’t resist what we now consider the best summer grilling idea in our Plan to Eat library!
Note from Ann: For many, like us in the northern mid-west, its the start of grilling season and this recipe instantly made it on my schedule the moment I saw it! Kelly is passionate about helping others make simple, easy recipes that are not only tasty, but packed with wholesome goodness!! She also offers great tips for saving time and planning ahead. Thanks Kelly!
Firing up the grill is one of the easiest ways to get a healthy meal on the table in just minutes! Another plus is that grilling results in less mess and less dishes. And honestly, you just can’t beat the savory flavor of grilled meats, which is why it’s one of my favorite cooking methods.
This super easy Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe is one of my real go-to favorites and one of the best summer grilling ideas I’ve found. I love that I can make the marinade ahead of time, which means even faster turn-around time on busy weeknights! I also throw some veggies on the grill at the same time for a simple side dish that complements the chicken perfectly and adds a boost of nutrition!
Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated to be delicious and healthy. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create easy dishes just bursting with flavor!
And remember you can always save even more time by grilling extra chicken that you can use to create other easy weeknight meals, like grilled chicken & veggie pasta or grilled chicken salad wraps! Yum!
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Place chicken thighs in a 9x9-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients into a blender or food processor in the order given. Cover and process on low until fine chopped and blended.
- Transfer 1/2 cup of the cilantro-lime marinade to a small bowl. Evenly distribute the remaining marinade over the chicken, making sure to well coat.
- Cover chicken and refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour. Then remove from fridge and pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken about 3-4 minutes, until the edges become opaque. Then flip the chicken over and brush with reserved marinade. Reduce heat to medium and cover grill. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!