Thiscreamy spring asparagus and potato soup is one of our favorite and most amazing spring time recipes that uses delicious, fresh asparagus from the garden… and I make it right in my Vitamix! This recipe serves 8 hungry people who are looking for something to tantalize their taste buds and fill their stomachs. They won’t even KNOW it’s healthy. I adapted recipe is adapted from Sue Gregg’s Soups and Muffins cookbook which I highly recommend!
Creamy Spring Asparagus and Potato Soup Recipe
- Throw the first six ingredients in a stock pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree in your Vitamix or Blendtec, and then pour back into the stock pot.
- Now put the warm milk, butter, flour and salt into your Vitamix or Blendtec and whiz away until smooth.
- Pour milk mixture into stock pot with soup and stir until hot and thickened.
- Serve with warm, crusty bread for lunch. Add a big salad with it for a fabulous dinner.
Ever made soup in the Vitamix before? How did it turn out?