Creamy Spring Asparagus and Potato Soup
Thiscreamy spring asparagus and potato soup is one of our favorite and most amazing spring time recipes that uses delicious, fresh asparagus from the garden… and I make it right in my Vitamix! This recipe serves 8 hungry people who are looking for something to tantalize their taste buds and fill their stomachs. They won’t even KNOW it’s healthy. I adapted recipe is adapted from Sue Gregg’s Soups and Muffins cookbook which I highly recommend!
Creamy Spring Asparagus and Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus from your garden is best!
- A BIG handful of baby spinach or more!
- 3 medium sized potatoes diced. (And by all means...leave those skins on!!)
- 1 large sweet vidalia onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 quart warm milk
- 4 T. butter
- 2 T. flour
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- Throw the first six ingredients in a stock pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now put the warm milk, butter, flour and salt into your Vitamix or Blendtec and whiz away until smooth.
- Pour milk mixture into stock pot with soup and stir until hot and thickened.
- Serve with warm, crusty bread for lunch. Add a big salad with it for a fabulous dinner.
Ever made soup in the Vitamix before? How did it turn out?
Great Recipe to try with.
Would the taste hurt if the asparagus to add is not fresh?