By Stacy Karen, Contributing Writer
Summer is a wonderful tine to enjoy fresh salsa. It’s so flavorful and delicious! Plus, it’s easy to make.
However, you may want a change from tomato-based salsas. (I’m sure that’s mortifying to some die-hard salsa fans!) If so, this fruit-based salsa will be a welcome change.
Made with fresh peaches and strawberries, it makes good use of in-season produce and adds an unexpected sweetness to meals.
To make this Strawberry-Peach salsa quickly, you will need a food processor. The wonderful thing about using a food processor to make salsa is that the fruit and vegetables need only to be roughly chopped. The strawberries can even be thrown in whole.
A high-powered blender will also work.
The salsa can also be made by hand, it just requires a little more chopping. Further instructions are given below.
Strawberry-Peach Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup peaches about 2 peaches, roughly chopped
- 2 cups strawberries stems removed
- 1/3 of a medium green pepper chopped into large chunks
- 1/2 small onion chopped (white or red onion will work. Red onion provides a stronger flavor)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 - 1 jalapeño pepper or more, depending on how hot you like your salsa
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or avocado oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Close lid and pulse 5 to 10 times. The magic number for me is usually 8.
This Strawberry-Peach salsa pairs well with grilled chicken.
It is also delicious poured over cream cheese and used a a dip with crackers or chips.
Find more strawberry recipes here.