Does anyone else feel overwhelmed with the things that they need to do right now? Since spring hit, it feels that life has been just one blur of busyness, trying to fit in all of the things that I need or want to do. I’m not sure that the reason is Spring necessarily, but rather just that many things have popped up all at once, and I am trying to find a way to accomplish them all. Here’s what’s on my list at the moment:
- Start planting my garden (which I just re-tilled, weeded and divided my garden into boxes last week, and my garden is finally ready for planting!)
- Sort through my children’s clothes– I need to prepare for the switch to spring/summer, make a list of what they need, store clothes that are too small, etc.
- Sort through my own clothes– Just recently I was given nearly 4 garbage bags full of hand-me-downs to sort through, and the bulk of them are currently in a big pile on my bedroom floor, with some of them taking up one of my laundry baskets as well. I simply do not have room for them, and it is finally time to take the plunge and get rid of many clothes in my closet that I have kept for too long, despite the fact that they do not fit and/or I do not like/wear them.
- Do some overall house de-cluttering, and start setting stuff aside for a garage sale.
- Do a bit of beautifying work to the flower/shrub gardens in front of our home. It’s a rental, so I don’t want to put in a lot of work/time/money, but it looks really bad and scraggly right now, and I would really like to do something about it.
- Finish dealing with all of the problems that occurred in the midst of my blog transfer, that I am still trying to sort out, three weeks later. It has been somewhat nightmarish, and I want it finished and dealt with once and for all.
- Help my husband with some work that he is doing right now, and could really use my help with.
- Prepare for my parents, and brother and sister-in-law’s arrival, and a family get-together that I am hosting.
- Take some time to really begin to brainstorm and work on my first ever Ebook, which I hope to “publish” this summer. I was thrilled to hear that many of you would like to learn more about baby steps in nutrition and natural living, because maybe, just maybe, that’s what my book is about… 🙂
There is only one way that I can accomplish some of these important tasks, and still make my family and keeping my home a priority, and that is by taking a little bloggy break. I have pondered the idea many times, and felt that I didn’t want to do it, but a wise friend and I spent some time together last week, and she gently suggested that it would not be the worst thing in the world for me to just take a little rest, get some of these things done that I just don’t have adequate time/energy to do, and come back refreshed, rejuvenated, re-inspired, and ready to plow right back into all of the things swirling in my head that I wish I had time to post about.For the first time, I finally stopped objecting (this has not been the first time the idea was suggested to me), and decided to accept it and do what needed to be done.
What does this mean for my blog? I will be taking about a week off, starting Tuesday (today). I may post one or two posts, things that I have already written and not yet posted, but otherwise, I will not post again until next Monday.And in the meantime, I will throw myself wholeheartedly into these tasks that are on my heart and mind to do, and spend some glorious time relaxing and enjoying my favorite season with my husband and children!
If you’re new to my site, and you’d like to get to know a little bit more about me and what my blog is all about, or you would just like something to read during this brief downtime, I would suggest taking a gander through my Favorite Posts page, or my new Resources section, or perhaps see some books that I recommend and add a few to your reading list (or even read my 100th post to learn a little bit more about me).
Happy Spring, everyone, and blessings on your week! See you soon!