100 things about me
In keeping with blogging tradition, I’ve written 100 things about me, since this is my official 100th post! I can’t believe it’s gone by this quickly!
- I used to hate vegetables
- but now I love them
- I was an autism therapist in a former life
- I have a degree in psychology
- which I never use
- and I much prefer being a mom
- I love chocolate
- Especially all chocolate
- I only have two children
- of twelve
- or more…
- I only have one husband
- of twelve (not really 🙂
- I think I’ll keep him
- I love to cook
- He loves to eat
- We’re a good match
I loveI try to bake
- but I can’t
- I make a mean
loaf of breadpaper weight
- I now have a lifetime supply of paper weights/door stoppers/hockey pucks
- I’m Canadian
- And so could you!
- I’m pragmatic
- but emotional
- I lived in Japan for a year
- I moved there for the sushi
- the same reason I live in Vancouver
- I could live on sushi, Greek salad and chocolate
- My husband is tall, dark and handsome
- I love my church
- I love reformed doctrine
- It reveals to me the Glory of God
- I love reading books
- I read about 20 a year
- My friends would say that I’m a nutrition freak
- My husband would defend me
- He’s a nutrition freak too.
- I used to play the clarinet
- but now I don’t.
- I used to eat McDonalds 4 times a week
- but now I won’t (ever! – yuck)
- My husband is a sales manager
- a good one.
- I am as straight laced as they come.
- I’m extremely conservative
- in everything
- I’m passionate about becoming the godly woman that God has created me to be
- I am often very aware of my need for him
- Sappy commercials make me cry
- I could listen to Christmas music all year round
- I don’t mind washing the dishes
- but I really hate ironing
- I’m extremely frugal
- I’ve had to overcome bad habits with money
- so now I struggle with being too cheap
- I’m blessed with incredible friends
- who don’t know how incredible they really are
- I love them
- My husband had cancer this last year
- He’s in remission now
- It was the hardest year of our lives
- God was so faithful
- I struggle with change
- I don’t like to take risks
- they make me feel out of control
- God knew I needed an adventurous husband
- I went to Europe last year (Scotland and Italy)
- and now I have an insatiable desire to travel more
- The only other places I’ve been are Japan, Mexico and the USA
- I dream of Africa
- We want to adopt one day (Lord willing)
- I dream of African babies
- I’m very talkative
- Sometimes I talk before I think
- It’s a bad habit
- I want to learn to listen more
- My daughter takes after me
- She’s a delight to listen to
- I adore my children
- Being a mom is the best job in the world
- I stay up too late
- and love to sleep in
- but there is nothing better than being up to watch the sunrise
- I love the peacefulness of early morning
- and watching snow fall silently under street lamps
- I grew up in the North
- I prefer warmer climates
- I’m not so into the rain and gray of the West Coast.
- but it’s mountains and oceans thrill me
- I can’t wait to garden this spring
- I’m not much of a gardener
- but I intend to become one
- I’m self conscious
- even about writing this list
- But I’m glad I did it!
Happy 100th post! I enjoyed reading your list and getting to know you better. I’m from BC too but in the northwest. I’ve been enjoying reading your blog.
Thanks Laura! I really enjoyed your 100th post (my favorite part- “I like to dance silly”) and have been getting some great ideas from your blog as well! 🙂
Congrats on your 100th post! How exciting! I love reading your blog and see how much you have grown…especially would love to know how you became SO frugal. Hope you and your family have a wonderful and very Merry Christmas.
Great post! I love the loaf of bread being a paper weight! I have had that experience many times as well! 😉 Merry Christmas!
Hey Steph, I’ve known you almost as long as Ryan has, and I’ve still learned a few things from your list! Atleast your paperweights can double as an air freshener (there nothing like the smell of fresh baked paperweight). One question, WHY MCDONALDS??? Merry Christmas!
Ha! I love your list!
I just found your website, but not sure exactly how I arrived. I also follow Passionate Homemaking, which has led me to many wonderful blog about Godly stewardship and living. There is so much to be shared and learned, I love every detail. I am finding the internet can be used for inspiring purposes. Thank you! I am a single mom of a 3 1/2 year old and almost 14 year old. They are my greatest joy and my greatest challenge. I live a life that is far from God’s ideal for family, but HE makes us work. Despite the differences in our lives, I am blessed by your commitment as a wife and mother – it restores my faith in what can be and why God’s design is always perfect. The message you give through the example of your life and your faith is so powerful.
Blessings! Love the 100 things about me… You must have learned alot about you in this process. Might have to give this a whirl too.
I love to iron but hate washing the dishes.
@Kym, I was thinking the exacts same thing:)
Most parts of that list sound like me. Haha. I am glad I found this little corner of the internet. (this is my first time here)
That was great!
Love this list! I really need to do a list as well. Been on my to do list for a few months. Thanks for the inspiration. 🙂