As I mentioned the other day, I am about 98% certain that my blog is due for a name change (although the content and topics will stay the same!).
So, here is what I am proposing- A contest to come up with a new name for my site!
Let the fun begin…
Here are a few thoughts to get you going. A few weeks ago, I spent some time brainstorming my site vision and what I wish to communicate (for design purposes), so I will share some of these thoughts and words with you:
- desiring to be natural, healthy, sustainable (green) to the glory of God
- a gentle approach (not harsh or in your face)
- embracing Biblical womanhood and femininity
- approachability- these concepts are for everyone and anyone, and do not require one to be Superwoman!
- Biblically founded, a thoroughly Christian worldview
- A few words I think of: beauty, natural, growth, joy, abundance, sustainable, responsible, stewardship, creativity, thankfulness, simple
- a focus on sound nutrition, conscientious/natural/responsible living, healthful cooking, frugality and simplicity, a love of children and family, cherishing and upholding the Biblical role of homemaker
- the title still needs to be general enough to allow me to write on a fairly broad spectrum of topics (ie. it can’t just be about being green or nutrition, but all of the focuses I mentioned in the point directly above this one)
I discovered Soapalaya Soaps at their Etsy shop, where they sell luscious looking (and I’m sure, delicious smelling) handmade soaps, lip gloss, talc, cleansers and more. The best part is that their ingredients are all natural and pure!
"My goal is to provide natural products formulated from natural
ingredients that provide nourishment and gentle cleansing and will
offer buyers a healthier choice for their skin care products."
This is one passionate woman, and I’ve enjoyed exploring her shop and our emails back and forth. I would highly suggest reading her bio, where she fully explains what handmade soap is all about, and why she absolutely loves making her soaps (and why her skin loves them, too!).
She has generously donated a gift package containing samples of most of her incredible products, including natural laundry soap, after bath powder with mini puff (you choose the scent), cuticle balm, facial cleanser/scrub (for your skin type) and a detox bath soak and possibly a few other goodies. As well, you will be able to choose two of your favorite full sized soaps and one lip balm!
Here are the contest details:
- You may enter as many times as you like, by leaving a comment
with your name suggestions below (family friendly, of course). You may also leave several different name
options in one comment, and each one will be considered individually.
- Before you comment, visit Soapalaya’s shop, and peruse the wonderful selection of soaps and more. Choose your two favorite soaps and one lip gloss, and leave a comment saying which ones you would choose if you won!
- I will keep the contest open from now until Tuesday night (March 4th) at 7pm, at which point I will close the comments.
- At the end of the contest, I will choose the name (or possibly the
concept) that I love the best, and will provide
a little link loving, along with the fantastic giveaway from Soapalaya!
Thinking caps on… ready, set, go! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Edit: Just a quick reminder to make sure that you visit Soapalaya and let me know which items you’re interested in when you enter the contest!!! Thanks! 🙂