By Stacy Karen, Contributing Writer
Homemade gifts are fun to give, but can seem overwhelming to make.
I’m here to tell you that this does not have to be the case. It’s possible to give something made with your own hands without spending days getting it ready.
My favorite method of creating homemade gifts, is the fast and furious approach. I’ve even been known to make 100 gifts in an hour. (And it wasn’t that hard. I promise.)
Today I’m going to show you how to make a pampering bath and body gift basket in 30 minutes or less.
It’s not as hard as you might imagine.
This gift is perfect for anyone who needs some rest and relaxation, and is especially well-loved by those who enjoy a good bath.
This gift basket will include:
- 1 Soothing Lavender Salt Bath
- 1 Nourishing Oatmeal & Lavender Bath
- 1 Rose and Chamomile Bath Tea
- 1 Lavender Body Oil
It would not take much more time to double or triple the amounts in order to make more, if desired.
How to make a bath and body gift basket in 30 minutes
DIY Bath and Body Gift Basket
You will need:
- 12 ounces Epsom salt (about 1 1/3 cup)
- 4 ounces (about 1/2 cup) sea salt
- lavender essential oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup grapeseed, jojoba, safflower or olive oil
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender buds
- 1/4 cup dried rose petals (these can be replaced with lavender buds, if desired)
- 1/3 cup dried chamomile flowers
- 2 muslin tea bags
- 1 plastic jar for bath salts (I hate to use plastic for anything, but glass jars have been known to explode when containing bath salts.)
- 1 bottle for body oil
- basket or box to hold all these wonderful goodies
- mixing bowls and spoons (you'll need 4 bowls)
- coffee grinder, food processor, or high powdered blender
- Gather supplies (try to do this ahead of time in order to make everything move quickly and smoothly) and lay out mixing bowls and spoons.
- Place 11 ounces (1 1/3 cups) Epsom salts in one bowl and 2 tablespoons in another bowl.
- Add 4 ounces (1/2 cup) sea salt to the first bowl with the larger amount of Epsom salts
- In a small bowl mix 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 10 drops lavender essential oil. Add this to the first bowl with the Epsom salts and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Place this mixture in the plastic jar and label: Lavender Bath Soak
- Include these instructions: pour entire contents of jar into a warm bath as it is filling with water.To relax and soothe tired muscles, soak for at least 15 minutes.One product complete!
- To the other bowl containing Epsom salt, add 1/4 cup dried rose petals and 1/3 cup dried chamomile flowers.
- Stir to combine. This mix will need to be added to a muslin bag and floated in the tub to avoid clogging the drain. You may add the mixture to a muslin bag now, or place in a clear jar and include the bag along with it giving specific instructions that the mixture should be added to the bag before use.Product two complete!
Now we will make the soothing oat bath.
- In a coffee grinder, place 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, and 2 tablespoons lavender flowers.
- Pulse the grinder a few times until a mixture becomes a fine powder.
- Pour mixture into a a muslin tea bag and include the following instructions:This Nourishing Oatmeal & Lavender Bath is intended for one-time use.To use: place bag in tub as it fills with water. Once tub is full, allow bag to float. Soak in the tub for at least 20 minutes. May use bag as a type of scrubbing sponge as you bathe.Third product complete!
- Pour oil into designated bottle and add 6 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Replace cap and close tightly. Shake to combine.
- Add a label. Include instructions: use all over the body after a bath or shower to nourish and moisturize the skin.You're done!
- Place all jars and muslin bags in a pretty basket or box. Be sure instructions are included.
That was pretty easy, right?
What type of homemade body care would you enjoy receiving as a gift?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. When you buy through our links, we earn a small commission, which helps to keep this site going so that we can continue to offer free and useful content, so thanks!