About this time of year, people are wondering what to do with all the zucchini that just keeps coming from gardens. Zucchini is nutritious – a great source of fiber, antioxidants, Vitamin C and many B vitamins – and it’s delicious too!
But we seem to have a love/hate relationship with zucchini. It’s fun when you can start harvesting them, but then when they don’t stop, it’s easy to get a little sick of it!
In fact, there’s a running joke in my town: Don’t leave your house or car unlocked or you might return to find a bag or two of zucchini inside!
There’s lots you can do with all that zucchini. Zucchini bread is a beloved favorite. But what if you’ve made zucchini bread and still have zucchini coming out your ears?
Here’s 8 unique ways to use zucchini and give you something new to try!
1. Zucchini Avocado Salad
2. Chocolate Zucchini Cake :: allrecipes.com
3. Italian Zucchini Pie :: Simplify, Live, Love
4. Gluten Free Carrot Zucchini Pancakes :: Gluten Free Food Ideas
5. Grilled Zucchini
6. Fried Zucchini :: The Finer Things in Life
7. Roasted Eggplant & Zucchini Salsa :: Kosher on a Budget
8. Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cream together coconut oil, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon. Add this to the creamed mixture.
- Add zucchini and chocolate or carob chips.
- Drop from a teaspoon onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden on top.