1 Minute Survey

Ladies, I have a quick favor to ask of you…

This is something I should have done ages ago. For me to be able to continue serving the needs of my readers, it would be so helpful for me to know some more exact demographics, rather than just guessing (because guessing is kind of fun, but highly inaccurate!).

Literally, this survey will take 1 minute to complete. It’s 100% anonymous (I have no idea who is filling it out). There’s no Excalibur Dehydrator giveaway at the end of this survey (but wouldn’t it be nice? :)), only my gratitude and a deepened knowledge of who you are that helps me be a better blogger. So thank you!

Take the survey now.

Edit: Wow, thank you so much for that tremendous response! That was incredibly helpful for me! (And yes, you can still take the survey- I just thought I’d comment on the results so far).

Someone asked to know the results. Here they are in a nutshell:

1) 98% of my readers are women (are you surprised? :))

2) 94% are married

3) Most of you are between the ages of 20-45

4) 65% of my readers have education at a Bachelor’s degree or beyond, and most of the others have at least some college or certification of some sort.

5) Family incomes are spread all over the board, but over half of the families represented here make $55,000 or higher.

6) A surprising (to me) 20% of my readers don’t yet have a child. Most have between 1-3 children, and about 12% have between 4-6 children or more.

7) 60% of my readers are full-time homemakers with no employment. The other 40% is split pretty evenly between those who work outside the home (full and part time) and those who work from home.

8 ) Your 5 favorite topics here at Keeper of the Home are (in this order):

  • Cooking and food preparation
  • Nutrition
  • Recipes
  • Frugality/Money Management
  • Natural, sustainable living

9) You’re all amazing! (But I already knew that!) 🙂

Similar Posts


  1. I filled out your survey, but just wanted to let you know that under the “employed” question there was no option for stay at home daughters helping their parents. So I just marked the last one even though I’m not a mother yet. I love your blog and it’s been a wonderful resource for me as a homemaker in the making. Thanks for sharing what you’re learning along the way so that the rest of us can start out on your shoulders.

    May God Bless your family and future generations as you continue to serve Him.

    Miss Abbi

  2. Hi there, I wouldn’t mind at all filling out the survey, but I don’t feel comfortable answering the question on “household income”. Why would something like that matter for the contents of your blog?
    Have a blessed day!

    1. @Katy, Good question. It doesn’t matter particularly to me, but it does matter to advertisers/sponsors on my blog who want to understand who my audience is. It helps me to garner better reviews, giveaways, etc. The only other reason that it’s worth knowing is that it helps me to understand where my readers are coming from financially, since I post on issues of frugality, money management, etc. I can definitely appreciate not feeling comfortable with it, but please know that I have absolutely no idea who the survey respondents are your answers are completely anonymous.

      Thanks for taking the time to look at it! 🙂

  3. Just wanted to mention that I just found your blog, so I’m not a good candidate for your survey. You ask questions about what topics I like on this blog, but I can’t answer that yet! Got to get to know you first!

    .-= Michelle´s last blog ..Growing by Celebrating Christ =-.

  4. Hi — I just took the survey, but would like to include ‘hospitality management/ideas/encouragement – ie: freeze ahead ideas, being a good host encouragement/breakfast or just having guest over on a regualr basis /starting small (overwhelming for me – preparation wise and socially) – I feel like I am still learning how to prepare for my family and stay in good personal health…..my husband works long hours and we travel for at least 1/2 the weekends per month (we live in Europe), so on down weekends I am generally too tired to be hospitable and I dread visitors….I would much refer to not travel so much, but my husband really enjoys it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *