By Andrea Green, Contributing Writer
I love a good slow cooker recipe. And this is a GOOD slow cooker recipe.
Parmesan red potatoes in the slow cooker only needs to cook between 3 and 4 hours on high, depending on your slow cooker.
The quick cooking time means I can get everything in the slow cooker before picking up the kids from school. Then, when all the after school lessons and activities are done, the potatoes are ready for dinner!
Start by scrubbing your red potatoes and then cutting them into about 2 inch pieces. I’m not a perfect chopper and they still turn out just fine.
I really think grating fresh lemon zest and Parmesan cheese makes a big flavor difference in this recipe.
The aluminum foil wrap helps the potatoes cook faster and protects them from burning. It doesn’t hurt that it makes clean up easier as well!
Try this the next time you need a make-ahead side dish. We love these potatoes and hope you do too!
Parmesan Red Potatoes in the Slow Cooker
- 3 pounds red potatoes scrubbed and quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Line your slow cooker with a large sheet of aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, toss red potatoes with olive oil, 1/2 Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Add potatoes to slow cooker and seal aluminum foil around them.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or until fork tender.
- Toss with remaining Parmesan and season with salt and pepper before serving.