This is the ultimate Greek salad that I could practically live on (especially while pregnant).
I made this recipe because I disliked Greek salads in restaurants that had such big chunks of veggies that you could never fit more than one piece in your mouth at a time. I love all the flavors mixed together!
Greek Salad Recipe
For the Salad:
- 1 English cucumber
- 3-4 to matoes this totally depends on the type- Roma, small or large, etc.
- 1/4 large red onion maybe 1/2 a small one?
- 1-2 red peppers again, depending how big they are
- Pitted green Kalamata are great deli olives (fresh, not canned!), chopped into smaller pieces
- Feta cheese - as much as it takes to mix it well throughout the salad without scrimping
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar balsamic vinegar is good, too, but most have sulphites in them- more power to you if you find one that doesn’t!
- A good squirt of Dijon mustard or a 1/2 tsp. of mustard powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning or half each of basil and oregano
- a few cracks of a pepper grinder
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- Dice all veggies. I like mine in about 1 inch cubes- it’s a nice size. For the dressing, put all ingredients in a glass jar, then shake, shake, shake. Pour over the salad, add the olives and feta cheese, and mix well.