No, I’m not talking about last minute shopping (thankfully, I finished my shopping over two weeks ago- let me tell you, that was a first!).
Actually, I am trying to get ready for leaving to go visit my husband’s family on Saturday evening, and there is so much to do! We will be gone a week, and I really want to leave the house clean, the fridge relatively empty, the laundry done, in addition to the packing, preparing Christmas gifts, cookie making, etc. that I need to do.
I thought that if I posted my to-do list, it might add to my motivation. I am fighting the very strong urge to be in vacation mode already. So, here’s my list:
- make chicken broth for the freezer- DONE
- finish Christmas cookies- DONE and wrap in a tin (not yet)
- clean both bathrooms
- vacuum- DONE
- mop kitchen floor- DONE
- finish all laundry- DONE
- pack kids clothes
- pack our clothes
- pack all gifts, Christmas cards, treats, etc.
- write some blog posts in advance so that I can take a few days off
- make Christmas craft with Abbie (to give as gifts to family)- don’t think it will happen 🙁
- make yogurt with leftover milk- will have to drink it all instead!
I think that’s it. I may come back and add a few things to the list. But for now, I am going to turn the computer off, and go get busy.
Anyone else have a list of Christmas or vacation preparations they want to share?
Edit: we’re leaving earlier than expected, so I guess I’ll have to give up some of what I had hoped to do. Such is life! It’ll be nice to leave earlier in the day, though.