Yield 4 -6
- 1 pound ground beef (you may use less)
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups pinto OR black beans
- Approx. 10 cups blue corn tortilla chips
- 3-4 cups cheese
- Toppings (any combination of the following): lettuce, salsa, sour cream (or plain yogurt), guacamole, black olive, diced onions, fresh cilantro, sliced jalapenos, green onions, chopped tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Add the homemade taco seasoning and beans. Stir well and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Spread tortilla chips out on a large sheet pan. You can cover the pan with parchment paper to keep the nachos from sticking.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the chips. Top with the meat/bean mixture. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Bake the nachos in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. While the nachos are baking, you can make your guacamole, prep the rest of your toppings, and clean up.
- Once the nachos are done baking, top with your choice of toppings. Serve with a spatula.
Courses Main Course
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/ultimate-nachos-30-minute-dinner/