Strawberry Chia Muffins
- 2 cups flour (whole wheat works well)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 to 1 scant cup of sugar (depends on your strawberry ripeness)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 heaping tablespoon chia seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pans with liners or grease generously with butter or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg and sugar until well-blended. Then gradually stir in the coconut oil. Mix well. Now stir in the plain yogurt.
- Slowly mix the dry and wet ingredients. Blend in milk until just combined. If your batter is too thick, you can add a little extra milk, but be careful to not add too much.
- Gently fold in strawberries, reserving 1/4 to 1/2 cup for adding to top of muffins.
- Pour (or scoop with a spoon) your batter into your muffin cups (approximately 12-15 muffins). Sprinkle the remaining strawberries on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in your preheated oven. Bake until your muffins are golden brown or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for a couple of minutes; then transfer to cooling rack to finish cooling completely. Of course, if you can wait that long ... We dug in right away.
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/strawberry-chia-muffins/