Simply Super Baby Stew
- 1 cup ground chicken (or other meat)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/3 medium turnip, peeled
- 1 small parsnip, peeled
- 1/2 kale leaf, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Cook ground chicken (you could also use beef, lamb or turkey). Using ground meat (of high quality, of course- mine is all natural, no antibiotics, hormones, etc.) is a more frugal way to make baby food, as it just doesn't make sense to use more expensive cuts of meat when you are going to blend it up anyways.
- Chop (into roughly 1 inches pieces): sweet potato, turnip, and parsnip (this could easily be replaced with 2 carrots instead- my son is just sensitive to them, but I bet they would be even nicer). Also chop kale leaf.
- Add root vegetables to a covered pot, with about 1 scant cup of filtered water, bring to a boil, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes (until soft enough to pierce with a fork). Add kale in the last couple of minutes.
- Transfer all vegetables, with cooking water, and cooked chicken to your blender. Add 1 Tbsp. butter (organic is preferable). Blend as desired (smoother or chunkier, depending on your baby's eating ability).
Courses Main Course
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/simply-super-baby-stew/