Creamy Spring Asparagus and Potato Soup
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus (from your garden is best!)
- A BIG handful of baby spinach (or more!)
- 3 medium sized potatoes, diced. (And by all means...leave those skins on!!)
- 1 large sweet vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 quart warm milk
- 4 T. butter
- 2 T. flour
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- Throw the first six ingredients in a stock pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree in your Vitamix or Blendtec, and then pour back into the stock pot.
- Now put the warm milk, butter, flour and salt into your Vitamix or Blendtec and whiz away until smooth.
- Pour milk mixture into stock pot with soup and stir until hot and thickened.
- Serve with warm, crusty bread for lunch. Add a big salad with it for a fabulous dinner.
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/seven-reasons-to-love-an-important-kitchen-tool-for-healthy-food-prep/