Secret Ingredient Brownies
- 1 can of 16 ounces of organic black beans, or cooked soaked beans
- 3/4 cup Sucanat (or sweetener of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla (if you have homemade that would be best, I'm going to be making some myself very soon!)
- pinch of salt
- chocolate chips (optional)
- walnuts (optional)
- For a more cake-like brownie, add 2/3 cup flour (gluten free or whole wheat) and 1/4 cup water
Key Step: Rinse the beans
- *you don't want to be having a beany taste while eating these*
Mix ingredients in a food processor or a blender
Mix well, you don't want beany chunks, do ya?
Add optional toppings and place in preheated oven at 350 degrees
- The first thing you need to do is to rinse your canned or cooked beans thoroughly. This is extremely important as you don't want that beany liquid taste!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Next, you pour the beans, eggs, vanilla, coconut oil, sucanat, and cocoa powder into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth, add the pinch of salt (and flour and water if you want to add it) and pulse until well mixed.
- Grease your a 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil and pour batter into dish.
- Top with optional walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until middle is done.
- Cool before serving and enjoy!
Courses Desserts and Sweets
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/secret-ingredient-brownies/