Quick and Easy Chicken Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil (or 2 Tablespoons olive oil + 2 Tablespoons butter)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 28-30 ounces of tomato sauce of your choice
- 1 lb. chicken, cooked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dried basil, to taste (start with 1/2 a Tablespoon and work your way up)
- Dried parsley, to taste (start with 1/2 a Tablespoon and work your way up)
- 1 can of coconut milk (or heavy cream if you don't want dairy free, though the coconut milk is delectable!)
- 1-1.5 lbs of your favorite pasta (spaghetti, linguine, etc. and choose gluten-free if you need to)
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions.
- Cook your chicken anyway you like. I used chicken tenders grilled with lemon pepper seasoning because that's what I had on hand. You could also use shredded chicken or pan-fry you diced chicken in a cast iron skillet with a little coconut oil.
- Melt coconut oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Then add the garlic and cooked chicken.
- Let your garlic cook for about 30 seconds. Then add tomato sauce, salt and pepper, basil, and parsley to your skillet. Stir to combine.
- A note on tomato sauce: You can use whatever tomato sauce you like! You can used canned tomato sauce, jarred spaghetti sauce, homemade spaghetti sauce, etc. It's really up to you. If you do use a plain tomato sauce, you'll want to adjust your seasonings a bit to compensate. Just do some taste-testing as you cook.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer. You can let your sauce simmer for 15-20 minutes to let the flavors develop, or you can move right into the next step. I let mine simmer when I have time.
- Add coconut milk to your sauce and stir well. Let it heat for a few minutes and then remove from heat.
- Combine pasta and sauce into a pot. Serve hot with a garnish of grated Parmesan cheese (optional) and a little parsley (optional).
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/quick-easy-chicken-pasta-tomato-cream-sauce/