Pumpkin Walnut Bread
- 4 cups whole-wheat flour or sprouted grain flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin
- 2 cups packed Sucanat or Rapadura sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted, unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In separate bowl (I used my mixer bowl), mix pumpkin, brown sugar, apple juice, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture a bit at a time, just until blended.
- Add walnuts and stir.
- Bake in two 9x5x3 loaf pans on 350 for 45 to 60 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pans for a few minutes, then turn out onto plate.
Courses Baked Goods
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/pumpkin-walnut-bread/