Pumpkin Pie Casserole
- 4 cups pumpkin puree (I recommend using fresh over canned)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (preferably grade b)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (I use homemade vanilla extract)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (walnuts would work also)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup sucanat
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine the first eleven ingredients (through nutmeg) in a mixing bowl. Mix until well blended.
- Place the pumpkin mixture in a shallow 2.5 quart, greased baking dish.
- Combine the pecans, coconut, sucanat, and butter until everything is well incorporated.
- Sprinkle evenly over the pumpkin mixture.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes, until the top is well browned and the casserole is set.
Courses Side Dish
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/pumpkin-pie-casserole-an-autumn-comfort-food/