Garlic Dill Pickles Recipe
- 4-5 pickling cucumbers, sliced
- 1 Tbsp mustard seeds
- Several sprigs of fresh dill (NT says 2 Tbsp- I just fit a bunch in around the pickle slices until I'm satisfied)
- 2-5 cloves of peeled garlic (depending on how garlicky you like it. I like lots!)
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 4 Tbsp whey (if not available, use an extra 1 Tbsp salt)
Edit: I just received a comment from a reader who used the additional salt instead of whey and said that they turned out quite salty. So be forewarned that this recipe works best with whey and perhaps not with extra salt. If you have any more reviews of having used the salt instead of whey yourself, please leave a comment letting us know how it turned out!
- Mix all in a quart jar, seal with a lid. Leave at room temperature for 2 days, before putting in the fridge.
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/pickle-recipes-dill-and-bread-butter/