Perfect Grain-Free Pumpkin Bars
Yield 9 bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil an 8x8-inch baking dish; set aside.
- For the pumpkin bars: In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin, honey, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and continue whisking until thoroughly combined. Add the batter to the prepared baking dish and use an offset spatula to even out the top.
- For the pecan topping: In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter (or coconut oil), honey and cinnamon. Add the pecan pieces and toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle the pecan topping evenly across the top of the pumpkin bar batter, making sure to gently press it into the batter a bit.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting into bars. Enjoy!
Recipe reprinted with permission from Everyday Grain-Free Baking
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/perfect-grain-free-pumpkin-bars/