Thai Peanut Coconut Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut milk (or 1/2 cup coconut cream, thinned with water)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce (or alternative)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Over low-med heat, mix peanut butter and coconut milk in a saucepan. Stir until the peanut butter begins to soften and mix well with the coconut.
- Add all seasonings, and simmer for 5-10 minutes on low. Taste to make sure the sweetness, spiciness, etc. are to your liking and adjust if necessary.
This recipe goes with the above recipe- it is a sauce to go over the rice dish.
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/nourishing-frugal-food-main-dishes/