- Several Tbsp. of oil (olive, butter)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2-3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2-3 carrots, sliced thin
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green peas (I usually use frozen)
- 1/4 head green cabbage, chopped
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce (Bragg's, tamari, etc.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional- Cooked, diced chicken (it's nice, though not necessary)
- Saute onion, celery and carrots in oil on medium heat until softened (use a fairly large pot, as this makes quite a bit).
- Add rice, green pepper, and peas (and chicken, if using). Cook for 10-15 minutes on low-med heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped cabbage, as well as seasonings (garlic, soy, salt, pepper).
Courses Main Course
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/nourishing-frugal-food-main-dishes/