Dad's Cheeseburger Helper
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder or 2-3 tsp. onion flakes
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder (or 1 clove minced garlic)
- 1 ¼ c. tomato sauce
- hefty squirt of mustard
- 1 ¾ c. water
- ½ tsp. salt (or more to taste)
- 2 ½ c. pasta (whole wheat works fine, any shape)
- 2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Brown and drain beef.
- Stir in pepper, onion powder, garlic, tomato sauce, and mustard.
- Pour in water and pasta.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the water is absorbed and the pasta is cooked.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the cheese.
- Use gluten-free pasta (tested with brown rice pasta) and reduce the water by a 1/4 c. to avoid mushiness.
Courses Main Course
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/no-you-dont-have-to-make-your-own-ketchup-recipe-homemade-cheeseburger-helper/