French Lentil Salad
Yield 4 cups
- 2 cups green/brown lentils, soaked overnight
- 3 cups water
- 1 each carrot, small red onion, celery stalk, and small red pepper, cut finely (julienned is nice)
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- Bring lentils and water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes (may take longer) or until lentils are just tender (but not mushy). Drain, put in bowl and let cool slightly.
- Toss lentils with carrot, onion, celery, pepper, salt and pepper, oil and vinegar. Chill and serve sprinkled with feta cheese.
Courses Side Dish
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/menu-plan-monday-2/