Maple Glazed Pumpkin Donuts (Grain-Free, Dairy-Free)
Maple Glaze Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon palm shortening (or butter, if not dairy-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease a 6-cavity donut pan with palm shortening or coconut oil; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the blanched almond flour, spices, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, egg white, coconut milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla and coconut flour until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and use a spoon to thoroughly combine. Then, carefully spoon the donut batter into the prepared donut pan until just shy of the fill line. Use your finger or back of the spoon to even out the top of the batter.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until donut springs back when touched.
- While donuts are baking, in a small saucepan, whisk together the Maple Glaze ingredients over low heat until melted and well combined. Remove saucepan from heat; set aside to cool while donuts are baking.
- When donuts are finished baking, remove from oven and allow them to cool in the pan for 1 to 2 minutes. Then turn out onto a clean dish towel (or countertop) and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once donuts are cool to touch, dip top of each donut into the maple glaze and turn in a circular motion to allow excess glaze to run off. Then place on a wire rack to allow glaze to set – if you can wait that long! YUM!
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/maple-glazed-pumpkin-donuts-grain-free-dairy-free/