- I set up a makeshift double boiler by setting a glass bowl over a pot of water at a low boil.
- Add the beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil to the bowl. The beeswax may take longer to melt, but be patient. ;)
- Stir the oils and beeswax frequently until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the zinc oxide and stir together until smooth.
- I added about 10 drops of lavender essential oil to mine, but feel free to leave this step out completely. Note: not all essential oils are safe for use in the sun, please do your research if you choose to add them to a sunscreen.
- Pour mixture into a glass container that you can seal with a lid and let cool.
- You're done!
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/how-to-make-your-own-sunscreen-diyfriday/