Homemade Soft Scrub
- 2 to 3-cup food storage container (or an old mason jar!)
- 1½ cups baking soda (more or less as needed)
- ½ cup environmentally safe liquid laundry detergent or soap (or use your own homemade liquid laundry soap)
- Optional: Add 10 drops of grapefruit seed extract for additional disinfecting power (or use 10 drops of tea tree, lavender, or rosemary essential oil for the same effect)
- Place ½ cup laundry detergent in a mixing bowl.
- Add ½ cup baking soda and stir to combine (or use a rotary beater to quickly combine). Keep adding baking soda until mixture is the consistency of cake frosting.
- If needed, add a little water to achieve the right consistency.
- Transfer mixture to container. Keep container tightly closed.
- If mixture begins to dry, add in a little water and stir.
- To use: Scoop out a little soft scrub onto a clean, damp rag. Scrub sink and faucets. Rinse. Use a clean dry cloth to dry and shine the sink and chrome faucets to a sparkling gleam.
Courses DIY Natural Cleaner
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/how-to-make-your-own-homemade-natural-cleaners-diyfriday/