"Set the Night On Fire" Creme Brûlée (For Two)
- 3 eggs (yolks only) (farm fresh is packed with benefits, if you have access)
- 1 cup of cream (raw for benefits of good bacteria and digestive enzymes!)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (packs a ton of antioxidants) (I’m super lucky to have a local sugar bush)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- sugar for topping (my favorite comes from the same sugar bush, maple sugar!)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix all ingredients together.
- Strain custard mixture through a fine mesh sieve (see above if you don't have a sieve).
- Pour custard into ramekins.
- Set ramekins in a glass baking dish and add water to baking dish until water comes halfway up the ramekins sides.
- Bake 1 hour or until custard is set.
- Remove from glass baking dish and cool to touch.
- Place ramekins in fridge to chill minimum 2 hours. I recommend making a day ahead.
- minutes before serving, add sugar to top and let your man caramelize with culinary torch (or long handled lighter). ;)
- Let sit 5 minutes.
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/how-i-connect-with-my-husband-through-love-language-creme-brulee/