Yield 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup dry mustard powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 clove of garlic, finely grated
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- Whisk everything except the cornstarch together in a small saucepan until smooth. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring often.
- About 1 minute before you want to remove the mustard from the heat, stir the cornstarch together with 1 teaspoon of cold water. Then, while whisking, pour the cornstarch into the simmering mustard. Let cook for 1 minute to thicken.
- Remove from heat and let stand 1 minute to set. Pour into the serving container to cool.
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/homemade-condiments-for-fantastic-summer-barbecues/