Mama's Belly Butter
To make 4 ounces (I usually divide this between a couple of 2 oz jars) you will need:
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 2 teaspoons apricot kernel oil
- 2 teaspoons vitamin E oil
- 4 teaspoons grated beeswax
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- Measure all ingredients, except vanilla, into a heavy saucepan. Warm mixture over low heat until cocoa butter and beeswax have melted (two to five minutes). Stir well.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, if using. Another option would be to add a few drops of essential oil such as those mentioned in this post.
- Cool briefly then pour into jar(s). Leave lid off and allow to cool completely (this should take about an hour). It will look very runny at first:
- The butter will begin to thicken and harden immediately. It will look something like this after 10 minutes:
- Once completely cool, place lid on tightly and add a label. Then “wow” your friends at the next baby shower with a gift of homemade belly butter!
- To help skin remain soft, rub a small amount onto the stomach daily. Upon application, it may appear oily, but will quickly be absorbed.
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/homemade-belly-butter-all-natural-pampering-for-pregnant-mamas-2/