Grain-Free Apple Spice Cookies
- 2 cups fine shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped into smallish pieces
- 16 dates, pitted
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until a paste forms (this will only take a few minutes).
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Form mixture into approximately 18 cookies and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 15-17 minutes.
- Cookies will only be slightly golden. Don't leave in the oven too long or the bottoms of the cookies will burn.
- Remove tray from the oven and let cookies cool completely before serving.
- Note: cookies remain fairly soft and crumble somewhat easily. So, while they are tasty and make a delightful treat, they most likely won't work for gifting in something like a cookie swap (unless packaged very carefully).
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week. (Adapted from Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook)
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/grain-free-apple-spice-cookies/