Delicious Homemade Baked French Fries
- Potatoes (regular or sweet potatoes/yams are a nice variation although they take just a little bit longer to cook)
- Coconut Oil (unrefined or virgin is best)
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. (Edit: I now usually bake them at 400 or even 415 F. I find they stay crispier and cook up a bit faster.)
- Scrub and slice potatoes. Coat slices well in coconut oil (I find it easiest to do this by putting them in a plastic bowl with a lid, adding the oil, and then shaking them for a minute or two). Add a bit of extra coconut oil to the cookie sheet as well. (Another edit: My preferred method for oiling the fries is now to put frozen chunks of beef tallow, or else a spoonful of coconut oil, on the pan and stick it in the oven while it preheats. The oil melts nicely and the pre-warmed tray helps them cook better)
- Spread slices out on oiled cookie sheet. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip. Bake another 20 minutes and flip again. Then bake for 10-20 minutes until finished, depending how crisp you like them.
Courses Side Dish
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/delicious-homemade-baked-french-fries/