Cranberry, Apple and Walnut Cake
- 1 ¾ cups sucanat
- ½ cup oil (I use melted coconut oil or safflower oil)
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or unbleached all-purpose flour (or a combination of the two)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups diced apples
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- ½ pound fresh or frozen whole, raw cranberries
- Beat the oil and sucanat together until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl then sift into the wet ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Add the apples, cranberries, and nuts and stir to distribute evenly.
- At this point it seems there is more fruit than batter, and there might be! Don’t worry, it will work out in the end.
- Transfer the fruited batter into a well-greased, 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Press the batter into place so it is spread fairly evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Courses Desserts and Sweets
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/cranberry-apple-and-walnut-cake-a-perfect-fall-dessert/