Better, Cheaper, Safer 4-Way Soft-Scrubber
- 2 to 3-cup food storage container
- 1 1/2 cups baking soda (more or less as needed)
- 1/2 cup environmentally safe liquid laundry detergent or soap (i.e., Trader Joe’s Next to Godliness or Costco’s Ecos are several; or use your own homemade liquid laundry soap)
- Optional: Add 10 drops of GSE (Grapefruit seed extract) for additional disinfecting power (or use 10 drops of tea tree or lavender or rosemary essential oil for the same effect)
- To Make: Place 1/2 cup laundry detergent in a mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup baking soda and stir to combine (or use a rotary beater to quickly combine). Keep adding baking soda until mixture is the consistency of cake frosting. If needed, add a little water to achieve the right consistency. Transfer mixture to container. Keep container tightly closed. If mixture begins to dry, add in a little water and stir.
- To use: Scoop out a little soft scrub onto a clean, damp rag. Scrub sink and faucets. Rinse. Use a clean dry cloth to dry and shine the sink and chrome faucets to a sparkling gleam.
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/better-cheaper-safer-4-way-soft-scrubber/