- 3 cups blueberries, washed, with stems removed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- ¼ to ½ cup of sucanat
- Juice of 1 lime
- Rinse berries and place in a medium saucepan.
- Add molasses, cinnamon, and ¼ cup sucanat. Bring to a boil, stirring now and again. Once the berries are soft and have released their juices, taste to see if more sucanat is necessary and add accordingly.
- Pour in the lime juice and stir.
- Strain out the berries if you like a thin syrup, or leave the berries in for a thicker sauce with texture. Serve warm or chilled.
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/5-ways-to-use-blueberries-this-season/