This pesto is fabulous tossed with pasta, spread under a burger, dolloped on top of salmon, or any other way you love pesto.
- 1 bunch kale, any variety, stemmed and chopped
- 3/4 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, chopped (more if desired)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch each salt and pepper, to taste
- Blanch chopped kale in boiling water for 30 seconds, then drain and set in a prepared bowl of ice water. Dry thoroughly.
- In a food processor, pulse together kale, nuts, Parmesan cheese, and garlic until coarsely ground. With the motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper until finely chopped. Add salt as needed.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/5-ways-eat-kale-likely-havent-thought/