Puchero Andaluz Recipe
- 1 whole chicken, approximately 4lbs (sub 8 chicken legs)
- 3 quarts water
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped in half
- 2 celery stalks, cut in half
- 1 white onion, quartered
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cups, soaked garbanzo beans
- 1 tsp salt
- dash of fresh pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- In a 6-7 quart crockpot, add 3 quarts of water and center the chicken in the middle of the crock.
- To the crock, add the carrots, celery (and any leafy greens from the celery), onion, potatoes, and soaked garbanzo beans.
- Sprinkle in 1 tsp of salt and a dash of pepper; mix in.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.
- After the eight hours, remove the chicken from the crockpot, and separate the legs/thighs, wings, and breasts.
- Serve each plate with chicken, its broth, and a generous portion of garbanzo beans and vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper and each drizzle each plate with extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar.
Courses Main Course
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/5-real-foods-to-help-you-prevent-a-cold-or-flu-and-my-puchero-andaluz-recipe/