Homemade Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup good quality cocoa powder
- Optional: shredded coconut, chopped walnuts
- Chop chocolate into small pieces then place in a heat proof bowl and set aside.
- Warm cream and butter in a saucepan until it comes to a boil. Immediately pour over the chopped chocolate and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour this mixture (which is called ganache) into a casserole dish and leave to cool. Once the ganache has cooled to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for about two hours.
- Once the ganache has hardened, remove from the fridge. Use a melon baller or round measuring spoon to scrape about 2 teaspoons worth of hardened ganache out of the casserole pan and quickly roll into a ball. Roll the ball in the cocoa powder and set aside on a tray.
- If the mixture becomes too soft to work with, put it back in the fridge to harden. Dusting your hands with cocoa powder can also help as you roll the balls.
- Store truffles in the fridge for up to a week.
- Truffles can also be rolled in shredded coconut or chopped nuts.
Courses Desserts and Sweets
Recipe by Keeper of the Home at https://keeperofthehome.org/25-grain-free-desserts-and-a-chocolate-truffle-recipe/